FAR 0.00% 49.0¢ far limited

At what point is the Oil & Gas Sector attaractive as an investment?

1. 82 Posts.
    At what point is the O & G sector an attractive investment? History is littered with grandstanders declaring we will never see this happen again, or in the context of this discussion, we will never see such and such a price again.
    Car ownership in India and China is growing exponentially and India alone is expected to have ownership at 35 cars per 1000 people by early 2020's.
    We have certain sovereign states not wanting to trade, at the moment, with one of the world's biggest producers, Russia.
    Companies in the sector have identified oil fields that have been deemed commercial. Many of these companies that are producers have significant investment in capital as well.
    Service providers are dropping prices to make production cheaper and therefore profits higher.
    Storage on tankers, despite the cost, is seen as a good investment for buyers of oil at the moment with an expectation of oil price rebounds.
    I am 56 (feeling 25) and cannot see an economic fuel alternative coming along in my lifetime for many applications. Not just motor vehicles, although this market alone will drive the OP back up.
    Surely now is the time to identify quality producers and explorers where you have a five year plus investment timeframe.
    This is probably not a discussion for chartists or traders, although any input is respected.
    All in my opinion.
    GLTA
    LG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.0¢ 49.0¢ $2.225K 4.541K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9637 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 3621 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.