ANZ 0.18% $28.24 anz group holdings limited

"ANZ will benefit from expansion into Asia" they cant even run a...

1. cya
    3,836 Posts.
    "ANZ will benefit from expansion into Asia" they cant even run a bank in australia let alone Asia

I know many banks in SE Asia at a departmental level and I have know plenty of operational folk in ANZ australia one shouldnt assume that ANZ has anything whatsoever to add to any Asian bank or market. Its classic colonial arrogance that we think we can go there and teach them anything about banking.

How many Australian large institutions pronounce an ambition to "move into asia" and then absolutely fail to deliver, its a classic catch cry , reminds me of Telstra's pronouncements in the last 2 decades about "expanding into asia" as an exec thats spent most of my life in "asia" very few Australian executives have any insight whatsoever into Asia, Asians or what it takes to be successful "getting into asia is pure hot air"

ANZ should stick to its knitting at shore up the obvious problem its got at home before it even thinks about going offshore.

Im with ABN ANZ is fair value below $15 and probably closer to $13

Vanuatu tax havens, OPES, Tricom and the rest are systemic pointers to what is to come

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.24
Change
-0.050(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $84.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.42 $28.55 $28.20 $113.8M 4.027M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 43579 $28.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.25 5912 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.