AT1 3.85% 2.5¢ atomo diagnostics limited

AT1 FY21 - General Discussion + FA, page-1188

1. 47 Posts.
    @danhoff, I'm not sure why you keep insisting NG is now a competitor.

NG make the chemical strip that detects COVID antibodies. They encase those strips in 2 products, which they sell as final RTDs. One is Atomo's device, and the other is from another supplier (I don't think they manufacture it themselves, do they?). Both are presented next to each other, front and centre, on the company's website (see screenshot below).

My best guess is that this is simply to be able to offer 2 products to their customers; a more premium offering (Atomos) and a cheaper option.

There are a couple of other possibilities.

1) NG Biotech were concerned about not being able to meet a surge in demand so they brought in another supplier.

2) (your theory)they intend to compete with Atomos device and therefore stop offering it. And, it's only on their website because they are running out stock. You could be right, I doubt it, but who knows.

The thing is, even if it is (2),this still doesn't mean they have turned into a competitor. It just means they have chosen to supply their customers with a cheaper product, in which case the thing we need to be worried about is unit economics, not IP / customer relations. I think the unit economics question has just been answered by the latest announcement - we can compete in low cost environments. This will just keep getting better and better as we scale.

I've been a little worried about your concerns on this since you originally raised it, so thanks (honestly). I just think we're pretty close to being able to rule it out. What are your thoughts?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3134/3134137-acb0c6d5a2cf391c2cdd4966e190dea3.jpg

Last edited by bhsmooth: 29/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AT1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
-0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $15.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $15.57K 604.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 277067 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 18145 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AT1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.