AT1 3.85% 2.7¢ atomo diagnostics limited

AT1 FY21 - General Discussion + FA, page-2290

1. 1,093 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    My guess is AT1 will slightly beat expectations

Wall Street Journal regarding general trends with Abbot.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rapid-covid-tests-cant-keep-abbott-healthy-forever-11666200129
    "One challenge for investors is that no one knows how long people will keep taking those antigen tests. The company itself is being very cautious, forecasting a meager $500 million in sales in the fourth quarter, which would be a huge sequential decline from the third quarter, even though we are entering winter months. That seems overly conservative, and executives admitted as much during a call on Wednesday, telling analysts that “Covid test sales are stickier than most have assumed.”

Covid 19 has been good and bad for Abbot, for example, and these facts may also be applied to AT1 in many ways.

For Rick Wise, an analyst at Stifel, much of the decline may be because investors came “into the quarter feeling this will be a great one, but there wasn’t any ‘oh wow’ factor.” But the company, he says, “got it done in a complicated environment.”
    I feel this applies to AT1.

Tha pandemic is hurting Abbott's traditional business, and this is similar to how Atomo's HIV business was hurt in 20-21.

The difference may be that AT1's fortunes are really specifically tied to sexual health. Abbott has a much wider ranging business. The WHO can't afford to let years of work on HIV be undone. https://reliefweb.int/report/world/new-infections-1-million-higher-2020-target-unaids-and-partners-convene-emergency-meeting-hiv-prevention

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AT1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $17.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $17.71K 676.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 101596 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AT1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.