AT1 0.00% 2.2¢ atomo diagnostics limited

AT1 OEM Contracts (various), page-19

1. 1,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 646
    Positive progress re: FebriDx in UK&I health care market

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/news/febridx-test-featured-in-uk-national-institute-for-health-and-care-excellence-nice-medtech-innovation/article_216e4919-03c5-5d8c-bf64-758a9b09d284.html

"FebriDx® was featured in a Medtech Innovation Briefing (MIB), as part of the United Kingdom’s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance for the COVID-19 pandemic response. This MIB addresses the impact that the FebriDx test can have on the concurrent COVID-19 pandemic and antimicrobial resistance global health crises."

Medtech innovation briefings (MIBs) are NICE advice. They are designed to support National Health Service (NHS) and social care commissioners and staff who are considering using new medical devices and other medical or diagnostic technologies...in other words, NICE guidance helps shape UK&I NHS service and delivery arms in understanding and utilising the best resources available to deal with a situaiton.

Full MIB details@ NICE site: https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/mib224.

"The MIB advised that the CE marked FebriDx test could be used in the primary or secondary care settings to “help guide the appropriate use of antibiotics” as well as to help with “the early detection of viral infections, such as COVID-19. During the COVID‑19 pandemic or pandemics of a similar nature, the technology could also be a way to initially test, triage and isolate individuals presenting to [a] hospital with symptoms associated with the pandemic.” Further, the MIB noted that the ability to use FebriDx to triage patients would “avoid unnecessary use of COVID‑19 treatment resources and facilities.”

UK&I health bodies have been studying and grappling with the overuse of antibiotics in drug prescriptions, effects of drug resistant diseases popping up + animal health & water/soil pollution issues from antibiotics for a long time. I found several studies, almost yearly, trying to size up the issue, costs and guiding country wide strategies.

This NICE guidance is doubly interesting because an earlier study (couple years ago) actually reviewed FebriDx + other diagnostic solutions for better antibiotic usage/prevention - at that time it was concluded 'none of the available tests/tech was suitable or delivered on expectations'......so this appears a big positive step forward for FebriDx being reviewed + recommended positively now by NICE...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AT1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $14.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.43am 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AT1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.