AT1 0.00% 1.9¢ atomo diagnostics limited

Home testing is still a complicated issue and thus not being...

1. 1,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 646
    Home testing is still a complicated issue and thus not being approached in many countries (incl AU/NZ). UK Health has recently released news that it is planning millions of 'home testing kits' utilising locally developed test. Devices will use lateral blood flow testing devices (like what Atomo develops) but more likely a local/EU manufactured device. Still awaiting details as its unknown what's in the kit and how such a plan will be managed nationwide.

My point is that home testing presents unique challenges -
    1) test results need to be collected and collated by health bodies/gov to monitor results/spread/response.Need to ensure the data provided is 100% accurate (can't just get citizens to upload results/pics due to risk of manipulation)..so 15min result is great but then useless is no one else knows.

2) if a person tests positive, they need to be advised how to isolate, further possibility of testing, review of symptoms in case separate isolation is needed, maybe preventative hospitalisation to manage existing underlying health issues etc

and so on...in other words requires some sort of health professional in direct loop.

Atomo's PCT device fits more with a health professional doing the tests rapidly and across much larger population. eg: testing teams could come and do a 'home test' across large neighbourhoods rapidly. Businesses could rapidly check incoming employees, between shift changes in factories, FIFO workers in WA etc. Health dept, gov could test at border controls (NSW-VIC/ AU-NZ border), low income/high density areas (like Melbourne housing towers) much more rapidly etc etc.

Thus I feel its unlikely Atomo's devices will sell as 'Chemist Warehouse' mass product items for Covid19 due to the infection management related data, education and isolation needs.

But the market potential is still there for millions of tests required (per nation) for community testing needs, the longer Covid19 community transmission exists and continues to circle the globe (tragedy converting into company profit, sadly)..and thus I continue to hold Atomo's shares in hope of this also.

The UK 'home test' plan might provide further insight how above stuff could be managed (or mis-managed) and open the way for other countries to figure out their regular mass testing plans..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AT1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 777274 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 431397 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.59pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AT1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.