SNL 2.61% $29.80 supply network limited

ATA & NATROAD submission to parliamentary inquiry into EV transition, page-19

1. 52 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    Biodiesel can be made in many different ways.
    Growing crops specifically for it is one way. And yes, I do think it will make sense.
    10% ethanol goes into a lot of consumer vehicles (E10 fuel). This is primarily made from corn, and its cheaper than petrol, thats why E10 fuel costs less... because 10% of what's in it costs a whole lot less.

As consumer vehicle fleets transition to electric, the demand for E10 is going to drop away. I've no idea whether corn can be processed into a diesel additive, if not we can grow canola instead to produce a biodiesel. It's really not a controversial view at all... Biodiesel doesnt even have to be 100% additives. I actually think its far more likely the industry seeks a "transition" pathway, and part of that will involve a slow phasing in process, where they have bio mixes that are as low as 10% to begin and slowly ramp up over a period of time to circa 85% over 20 years with engines adapted to run on new diesel mixes.

The cheapest way to transition Australia's heavy vehicle fleet to carbon neutral, is not by throwing out the entire fleet and all of its associated infrastructure... its by making the fuel it runs on more environmentally friendly.
    Last edited by NotFinAdvice: 21/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SNL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.