SP3 11.8% 1.9¢ spectur limited

Anyone at the cutting edge of technology understand the...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    Anyone at the cutting edge of technology understand the advantages of the system?
    From what I can gather edge AI is a very viable competitor to cloud based systems for certain tasks, largely because of a substantial improvement in latency and transmission cost.
    I can't confess to fully understand why LoRaWAN protocol was chosen for this- from what I can see the advantages are that the costs are all upfront in the form of compatible processors, and that there is no ongoing cost for bandwidth. Disadvantages appear to be, that multiple LoRaWAN systems are not compatible within the same vicinity and that there is quite a lot of in-house work to develop a solution. I can see that connecting solar power (no ongoing energy) + edge AI on free bandwidth with a gateway + node system would be an extremely powerful solution for many many different types of problems (it is basically a monitoring solution that can cover a large area, with minimal ongoing costs), and given the very low ongoing costs, would be extremely competitive with many different existing solutions for those problems. I also imagine given the technical complexity of the solution, that there would be a readily available maintenance revenue stream as well.
    Would be great if anyone who was an expert in the comparative advantages and disadvantages of these different approaches could chip in if they visit these boards. Please feel free to tag anyone who might know as well...
    Would also be great to crowdsource potential different use cases.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP3 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.002(11.8%)
Mkt cap ! $5.082M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $4.962K 261.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 590000 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1141611 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SP3 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.