atheism is a mind-altering drug that leads..., page-24

1. 2,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 941
    I'm not sure which category I belong to according to those who think everything can be categorised but here's my position for those who have a spare pigeonhole.

I don't follow religion as it is little more than the doctrine of others. I do believe in a higher power which we are all part of. I have communicated with spirit and have had OBEs.

No doubt some will try to explain this in religious terms, others with a scientific slant. Yet all that matters is that I know what is truth for me. And as I go through life my truth will grow with me and continue to be shaped by my experiences.

This is my reality even if it is only my perception of reality, after all if I am going to perceive my existence it should surely be through my experiences.

We are all free to hold whatever belief we want, just don't bother to try and convince others as they already have their own. Live and let live. What's wrong with many different beliefs anyway?

Does there have to be only one truth? If so why and who has the right to declare what the universal truth is? No living being can ever know beyond their experiences. They may think they know but how can they?. No-one can understand everything simply by being told, we must live it. Even then it is still only our truth.

How can I explain the scent of say a rose to another and expect them to understand fully what a rose smells like?
    Even once they have smelt the rose they form an understanding of the scent according to their own unique perceptors. We may both have smelt the same rose and yet have differing perceptions of what it smells like.

The same with the colour of the rose, or even the taste if we wanted to eat it.

One lot of experts will tell us something is bad for our health yet another group will hold the opposite view. Diets are a classic example.

Even science constantly proves itself to be ignorant of all the facts.

There are as many truths as there are people. Just make sure you live according to your own.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.