atheist experience, page-10

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    yes I agree with you, I'd like to see that evidence too. The Bhagavad Gita is an ancient Hindu text and Buddha was a Hindu reformist much the same as Christ was a Jewish reformist....so I would say it is the other way around, the Buddhism would draw from the Bhagavad Gita as well as other Hindu texts.

why would you post this when you know next to nothing about Buddhism? what you are posting is basically incorrect. why speak with any real knowledge?

1. Buddha was not a Hindu reformist. unlike Jesus, who attempted to reform Judaism, Buddha made no attempt to reform Brahminism (Hinduism is a later term). Instead, Buddha taught something that was the very opposite of Hinduism

2. The BG was written after Buddha

3. the Buddhists scripture mention the 3 Vedas but never the BG.

4. Even the 3 thingy's of Vishnu, Brahma & Shiva arose very late in Indian history. in Buddha's time, mostly Brahma was referred to and also Indra. as Buddhism focused heavily on death & impermanence, Shiva rose to prominence after Buddhism

in summary, if you actually understood what Buddhism teaches (which you do not), you would readily read Buddhist concepts in the BG

Theories on the date of composition of the Gita vary considerably. Scholars accept dates from fifth century to second century BCE as the probable range. Professor Jeaneane Fowler, in her commentary on the Gita, considers second century BCE to be the likely date of composition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagavad_Gita

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.