FAR 1.04% 48.5¢ far limited

Athena SNE 3, page-30

1. 3,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    HKP I think your mentioning of 4Q2016/1Q2017 is a NEW outward shift for expectations to materialise.?? Sadly, thinking back to 2014 when discovery was made and what expectations were held for 2015 and where FAR will be sitting 12 months down the track, we are now in 2016 (with only 11 months to Christmas) and it seems as if were right back to the starting point - now already "casting" 2017 as "the year!" Sure this is difficult times (world markets overall)and we are fortunate to still at least be very much in the game but, in retrospect, has it been what everyone expected.... to still be at a juncture where the longtermers find themselves in a stalemate with no room to move but to continue to hold?? I'm not so sure.

On another point... all this talk about "tight hole" policy and that being the reason for not releasing "too much" info (whether at CNE or FAR's presso/announcements "in fear of "neighbours" being advantaged, is total BS for a few reasons.

There is absolutely no more reason to keep a lid on "discoveries... the whole world knows about it. The "window" to get hands on "neighbors" leases have passed a long time ago. We are lucky that we did in fact make use of that window and got into Djeffere. The leases to the north of FAR leases (held by African oil (i think) ) will now be guarded with all might by African Oil. They'll keep it for themselves. They have now secured a JV with Tullow I think on some leases further south on the African west coast which will bump their coffers with 16mil)... No longer cash strapped , AfrOil is now in position to negotate JV's on their own terms as far as those senegal leases are concerned. It does not require a GEo to be able to see that the trend of the FAR prospects, flow into AfricanOIl's adjacent leases.... so their is no reason for "tight hole" conspiracies being applied at this stage. AfrOil will jV at arms length and it will be at a cost.
    I clealy recal when CN, at an IP in 2015, was questioned on the "tight hole" policy and her answer was unequivocal.. "tight hole" policy is only in place while actual drilling is ongoing... once the hole is drilled.. policy don't apply . Question now is, has the rules changed since then? Is "tight hole policy" now in place for the entire drilling projct.. non stop.. Could be... but if that is the case, I'd really like CN (and only CN)to come out and and make a clear statement as to current "tight hole" policy... is it in play, or isn't it... a statement to that effect on FAR webpage will go a long way to stop all speculation, give some investor confidence because the "little people" will be informed on the state of play.... Don't think that is too much to ask. Once CN made a statement whether the policy is being applied or not, the conspiracy theorists will all be able to put some meat (or is it remove some meat) to the bones as regards the 2x low-key announcements by CNE and FAR after SNE2. drilling and testing completed. Personally I think (as much as "WE ARE DELIGHTED" expression by the CEOs) SNE2 did not deliver what they had "actually" hoped for.... i.e. "extremely delighted.... it exceeded our expectation by far... there WILL (as oposed to expected revision of resourse) be an UPWARD revision in due course!! etc etc. ... Thus not convinced... unless CN comes out and make statement that "tight hole policy" is very much in play at this point in time...Seems we all have to revise expectations by the day... and so we do.
    Maybe 4Q2016/1Q2017 is now the new 4Q2015. Sure as hell hope not..
    Personally I hope all speculation, conspiracy, blue sky dreaming, or the sky is falling etc etc will be ripped from our minds/thoughts processes and control before 2016 is out. I'm thinking COP will make the play.... there I go again... speculating...
    GLA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
0.005(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $44.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 48.5¢ 48.5¢ $10.11K 20.85K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 99195 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.19am 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.