thecookMoney...Why did you need physical cash?One MasterCard...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    thecook

Money...Why did you need physical cash?

One MasterCard linked to Savings and AmEx linked to MasterCard. Use MC for the odd small business who doesn't accep AmEx. Use AmEx for every other purchase...even down to sub $1 items. All transactions appear on one statement. Two cards because AmEx pays double the loyalty points as MC/Visa (through CBA, anyway). Have all your bills direct debited to MC/AmEx. Pay off closing balance each month in full and pay no interest. Extremely small charge (by the biller, not bank) for the odd bill paid
    manually with internet banking. And these fees have recently been legislated and dropped to reflect the true cost of the biller's administration costs. If one needs cash use the safest 'ATM'...no mugger lurking in the shadows...Coles/Woolworths etc...withdraw with no purchase required...free of charge.

Even my daughter's lunch orders are done on line. Funds topped up with PayPal.

Cash...I see absolutely no need for it...almost. I pay my lawnmower man cash as they don't usually carry wireless EFTPOS machines. Cheques? Do they still exist? Up to him what he declares!

Cash is a novelty.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.