ATP 0.00% 11.5¢ atlas pearls ltd

Just having another read over the last announcement made by the...

1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Just having another read over the last announcement made by the company, given recent SP weakness.

I don't think the significance of this sentence can be understated - "given the Company’s
    strengthened financial position, Atlas Pearls now has the option to adjust this historical practice and when
    market conditions result in some bids at auction not reflecting value for some products, Atlas Pearls is now
    able to retain the stock and focus on other sales channels that may offer higher returns."

This company repaid the last of their $4.5m debt in September 2022. If management hadn't organised their finances as well as they have, then they would have been forced to sell all of the 104,000 pearls that they took to the latest auction, at depreciated prices set by the buyers. Instead, they sold only 68,000 pearls, and kept the rest for future auctions and other sales channels.

I don't think there are too many companies that can afford to withhold selling 35% of their product at any given time, due to the company's financials being so strong.

This also sends a strong message to the buyers: "If you're not willing to pay a fair price for our pearls, then you aren't getting them."

Another important part of the last announcement is, "analysis of the results and bids at this most recent auction indicates that the price
    achieved for A grade pearls, through this series of auctions below, was higher than all auctions except
    November 2023, so the demand for high quality goods is still present."

Coupled with this statement is the continued improvement in the quality index of pearls harvested. If the quality of pearls continues to trend upwards, then this bodes well for pearl prices remaining high.

With cash on hand at present being one third of the market cap, this is a great time to be topping up after a 50% SP retrace IMO. I'm looking forward to the June 24 auction results as well as hearing about other sales channels that the company is exploring. GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 10.0¢ $79.71K 755.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 36824 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 126858 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ 150202
Last updated 15.58pm 03/06/2024 ?
ATP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.