ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

atp855p potential

1. 8,548 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2816
    extract from Petroleum news today:
    Those results show the total organic content values in the REM shale sequence compare very favourably to the numbers seen in US gas shale plays while gas evolving from the core samples, and good mud gas readings taken while drilling, confirmed the REM target section contains gas outside of structural closure.

Dodd told PNN favourable total organic content values suggest production rates could be similar to those in the US.

Production rates from the Haynesville shale play in the US, which is the closest analogy to what Beach thinks it might have in the Cooper, vary from 5-30 million cubic feet per day.

Dodd added the confirmation of gas outside of structural closure gave confidence that there was a continuous resource play in the area.

?All the results we?ve had so far are very encouraging,? he added.

"............Dodd added the confirmation of gas outside of structural closure gave confidence that there was a continuous resource play in the area...."

so to me that says we should be confident that 855P is looking very good for shale gas prospectivity.

that earlier post that Beach and RJ were arguing about operatorship of 855P, may well be because of the perceived value of 855P to beach, and ICN.
    to me, on the outside, it would seem that it makes more sense for beach to be Operator.
    But RJ must have need for ICN to be operator?
    maybe its to do with need for ICN to prove up reserves for its upcoming GSA?
    maybe our timetable for GSA may not be in accord for BPT plans????
    i don't know.

clearly, with C/B consolidation, good results from BPT drilling, big potential quantities of shale gas in C/B, the again stated (and demonstrated need for Aust LNG), the good potential for an ICN GSA, and the HUGE potential $ involved, we will be looking for a frenetic 2011 !

if the C/B shale gas potential is as big as BPT thinks it is, then that explains why the likes of BPT and SXY are starting to make their moves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.