ATS 3.85% 1.4¢ australis oil & gas limited

Article today with my highlighting. ATS management have been...

1. 726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 165
    Article today with my highlighting. ATS management have been saying for some time that reserve replacement would start becoming a pressing issue as fields decline and underinvestment continues. Quickest way to plug the hole is to acquire someone else's reserves.

Just weeks after ExxonMobil paid almost $US60 billion ($95 billion) for Pioneer Natural Resources, Chevron has announced it will pay $US53 billion ($84 billion) for Hess Corporation, which will give Chevron a 30 per cent stake in ownership of more than 11 billion barrels-equivalent of recoverable resources in Guyana, one of the world’s major new oil producers.As former Woodside Energy boss Peter Coleman told The Australian Financial Review Energy & Climate summit earlier this month, big energy is pivoting back towards fossil fuels – and hard.These acquisitions reflect the structural change underway in oil and gas. They are recognition that years of underinvestment in new supply – partly for ESG reasons, partly because fossil fuel demand will fall as the energy transition rolls out – have left the market short, and are likely to have put a higher floor under prices.The deals suggest Exxon and Chevron see decades of strong demand, meaning there is a window where owning good-quality oil and gas assets will be very, very lucrative for players with scale

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $17.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $12.91K 993.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 2486784 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 2301305 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ 163983
Last updated 13.43pm 01/05/2024 ?
ATS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.