attack on gold

1. 2,063 Posts.
    I was just pondering the surprising and unexpected dip in gold this week and wondering in the world had triggered it? Scanning the headlines on the weekend no geopolitical events jumped out that may have helped me.
    Then I thought back to last friday at work... We had a technical query about the design of kitchen benchtops for a large local project. The importer had advised me that he needed to fax our query to his suppliers in China by friday as the suppliers would be abscent from work this week due to the Chinese New Year holiday.

Im just playing with an idea and i know its goofy, but if you were trying to organize an attck on a particular market how would you time it? Most likely to coincide when the enemy was asleep! Was that concerted attack on gold on the weekend timed with precision to coincide with the absence from the market of possibly the largest group of buyers in the world??

Just something for you to chew over...I could never prove it but it will be interesting to see what happens next week when the Chinese return to the market.
    Just a little bit of Chuckey conjecture.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.