attention all landlords your tenants rule , page-2

1. 18,844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Obviously more idiots are writing the residential tenancy act in NSW - if the NSW tenancy act is anything like the SA one tenants already have far more rights than the landlord.

"One of the most significant proposed changes is to allow tenants to break a lease, without any special grounds, by giving just 14 days notice to the landlord and paying a breaking fee."

Okay then what is the point of a fixed term lease then?

"There is also a push for tenants to be able to make "an alteration, or renovation that is of a minor or cosmetic nature" to the property with no interference from the landlord."

If they want to make alterations to a property they should buy their own place. Owners should retain the right over what is done to THEIR property - if you are a good tenant and intend to stay long term providing what you are going to do is value enhancing most landlords would probably say yes anyway.

"A landlord's right to decide who inhabits their property may be challenged as well."

Well they can get stuffed on that one - I don't care what the act says I will choose who stays in my properties. What do they want to do - force landlords to house any old dead beat?

What they should be doing is:
    1) Make it easier to get rid of bad tenants.
    2) Put in additional protection for tenants in the case of landlord bankruptcy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.