Attention all posters...Please read., page-5

1. 2,551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 547
    Firstly I thank Hotcopper for acknowledging there are problems at present in most forums. I have just had a quick browse of the threads that were suggested regarding how a forum should operate and yes it all seems ok but they are really not in the same mold as individual stock codes as as it is IMO more impersonal ie they are dealing with indexes or short term trading so less personal hence due to what they are discussing less problems do arise for the staff of HC. As to the answer on problems maybe if there was more transparency eg more information that would be required when originally starting eg so there could be more tracking of where a poster may be from and if they may be there for ulterior motives eg their job may have something to do with why they are posting and if so then HC do need to know about it. I would suggest that the more personal information that is required be only known to administrators so if something seems really sus then they could take action accordingly, or maybe we could have more visual representation for the type of poster so everyone could see a warning if you like eg if a member only posts say on one stock has no profile information and by a pattern of their posting they either appear to ramp it or so negative thats its obvious that ulterior motives exist then everyone can see. Also I thought you could have like two types of threads in the same stock eg sort of split it in two where you can read the negative posts if you want or another part of the thread you read positive posts. Also maybe you could have certain rules eg if a person has a sell not held position and then continually for months downramps a stock surely actions like this should be questionable on motives or alternatively if you have someone that appears out of the blue and then states pie in the sky stuff out of the blue ra ra ra and then next thing you know is negative in a stock surely then these types of posters may well have ulterior motives so if these were either stopped highlighted or exposed for what they are then maybe the angst may disappear. I also then some more refined sentiment buttons could be plausible eg a shorting position button, a long held position. I have also thought that maybe there could be a type of voting system among members themselves eg if you are on a thread and a regular poster then by say a majority rules type voting then you could vote particular posters not to post on thread anymore based on certain criteria, now you would have to have strict rules on why a poster could not post on a particular thread so that you would still have views of both sides however I really do feel this would be a great option as I feel most on here do realise when someone is not genuine and is trying to get a rise and derail the camaraderie in a thread eg then if that poster still wanted to post on a thread you could create a separate forum for all posters who are banned from individual stock forums then these banned posteres could still post if they felt it was their right to do so in a General banned poster forum(you would need a different name for it) but then it wouldnt derail the actual stock code threads. Anyway thats a few of my thoughts only hopefully you can implement some changes thanks for consideration of these matters
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.