RIO 0.25% $109.82 rio tinto limited

LET'S ALL DO OUR BIT - SPREAD THE NEWS WORLD WIDE AND SELL RIO...

1. 146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    LET'S ALL DO OUR BIT - SPREAD THE NEWS WORLD WIDE AND SELL RIO TINTO STOCK
    AND erode Rio's power and dominance over those less fortunate who can't protect their heritage against this GLOBAL PARIAH !!

RIO TINTO - Reply

Dear Robert

Thank you for your email regarding the Juukan area and sharing your concerns.
    Your email has been provided to JS and I am responding on his behalf.
    We have had a longstanding relationship with the Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura (PKKP) people and in relation to the Juukan area, we have been working together since 2003.
    We pay our respects to the PKKP people, and we are sorry for the distress we have caused. Our relationship with the PKKP people matters a lot to Rio Tinto.
    We will continue to work with the PKKP to learn from what has taken place and strengthen our partnership. As a matter of urgency, we are reviewing the plans of all other sites in the Juukan Gorge area.From a broader perspective, as we already work within all existing frameworks, we will launch a comprehensive review of our heritage approach, engaging Traditional Owners to help identify, understand and recommend ways to improve the process.
    Three decades ago we were the first mining company to recognise native title.
    Today we also recognise that a review is needed in relation to the management of heritage in Western Australia, and we will advocate for legislative reform.
    As a company with strong ties and a long history of partnership with Indigenous Australians we are committed to working together so that we can co-exist for mutual benefit. Thank you again for sharing your concerns.

Kind regards

Brad HaynesVice President -
    Corporate RelationsAustralia
    Rio TintoCentral Park, Perth 6000, WA

To: Rio Tinto Australia communications Subject: [External] Attention CEO - Jean-Sébastien Dominique Francois Jacques - Destruction Aboriginal Heritage Importance: High

Dear Mr Jacques My name is Robert ------------.

As a Surveyor working in the Pilbara in the early 1980's I discovered Aboriginal Rock Art on the Burrup Peninsula.

Your wanton destruction of Aboriginal Sacred Ground is nothing short ofcultural vandalism of the first order.

I am a Licensed Surveyor in WA and across Australia as well as a Member of the Institution of Chartered Surveyors UK.

I was previously CEO of 2 Listed ASX Companies.

Do not ignore this email.. I am going to use all of my connections world wide including my own resources to do the following..

Mobilse all of Rio's Investors (major and small) on LSE, NYSE, ASX and others to seriously consider selling your stock.

Help the Aboriginal people mobilize in the Pilbara to rally against Rio including pro-bono land surveying and registered plans where and as required.

Setup websites and social media campaigns against Rio Tinto outlying your destruction of sacred sites.

@riotinto.com>This will not go away... we will slowly erode Rio's power and dominance over those less fortunate who can't protect their heritage against a global pariah !! good bye

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$109.82
Change
-0.270(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $40.76B
Open High Low Value Volume
$110.10 $110.30 $109.10 $96.30M 876.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 429 $109.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$109.85 200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.