"I would like to know what constitutes "overnight" by councils."...

1. 80,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"I would like to know what constitutes "overnight" by councils."

just read the council bylaws or similar - they may vary from one council to another

but, why be so pedantic??? ---------- it's fairly obvious is it not ------- to me - it would be 'reasonable' to say that 6pm to 9pm is not overnight - but, 6pm or 9pm to 4am would be overnight

why even get into a debate unless one is just wanting an argument

under 99.9999% of cases ----------- it's obvious

to me - and, I have decades of camper or truck based travel and years of boat travel ------------- no matter what - sooner or later you will run into some obnoxious prick --

14% of blokes have mental illness and 24% of women have mental illness - it's only time before you meet one wearing a uniform

however - 99.5% of the time - you are left alone and .4% of the time when you are approached by some council official - it's on a 'g'day, how are ya' basis

I met some of the most wonderful people on my travels who sprung me camping illegally - they became good friends -

it's unusual even in Australia - which is one of the worst countries for it - to run into some officious prick

I have found that France is very different to Oz - but, that aside - the vast majority are good.

France during Covid has been interesting ------ I have only been pinged once for overstaying - Soissons France

I tied up in the centre of the city - and, I was there for ?? must have been well over a week and a bloke came by and he was the towns port Captain ?? whatever they call him -

he said I should only be there for 3 nights - I'd already well overstayed that one -------- there was hardly any other bugger there --

anyway - I told him that I was waiting for a letter (which was true) which had been forwarded from Calais (my only mail fwd from Oz in 3 years) - and, it wasn't here yet - but, I hoped it would be here by the Friday - I think he spoke to me on about Tuesday or Monday or similar -

he said - ok - I'll come by the next monday - which meant that my 3 night limit had been exceeded to over a week - which then went stratospheric into double digits

as it was - the letter arrived that week and I went for a last cruise with the woman whose place the letter came to and I buggered off the next day.

They are all different - the next city - I think ??? was Reims - where you can -pull up in the middle of town for 30 days -- all free - same as Soissons

interesting to see the difference between countries

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.