Attention Motorhomers, page-11

1. 81,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"I would like to know what constitutes "overnight" by councils."

just read the council bylaws or similar - they may vary from one council to another

but, why be so pedantic??? ---------- it's fairly obvious is it not ------- to me - it would be 'reasonable' to say that 6pm to 9pm is not overnight - but, 6pm or 9pm to 4am would be overnight

why even get into a debate unless one is just wanting an argument

under 99.9999% of cases ----------- it's obvious

to me - and, I have decades of camper or truck based travel and years of boat travel ------------- no matter what - sooner or later you will run into some obnoxious prick --

14% of blokes have mental illness and 24% of women have mental illness - it's only time before you meet one wearing a uniform

however - 99.5% of the time - you are left alone and .4% of the time when you are approached by some council official - it's on a 'g'day, how are ya' basis

I met some of the most wonderful people on my travels who sprung me camping illegally - they became good friends -

it's unusual even in Australia - which is one of the worst countries for it - to run into some officious prick

I have found that France is very different to Oz - but, that aside - the vast majority are good.

France during Covid has been interesting ------ I have only been pinged once for overstaying - Soissons France

I tied up in the centre of the city - and, I was there for ?? must have been well over a week and a bloke came by and he was the towns port Captain ?? whatever they call him -

he said I should only be there for 3 nights - I'd already well overstayed that one -------- there was hardly any other bugger there --

anyway - I told him that I was waiting for a letter (which was true) which had been forwarded from Calais (my only mail fwd from Oz in 3 years) - and, it wasn't here yet - but, I hoped it would be here by the Friday - I think he spoke to me on about Tuesday or Monday or similar -

he said - ok - I'll come by the next monday - which meant that my 3 night limit had been exceeded to over a week - which then went stratospheric into double digits

as it was - the letter arrived that week and I went for a last cruise with the woman whose place the letter came to and I buggered off the next day.

They are all different - the next city - I think ??? was Reims - where you can -pull up in the middle of town for 30 days -- all free - same as Soissons

interesting to see the difference between countries

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.