CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

attitude to foriegn investors and clive palmer

1. 939 Posts.
    I have a long time ago moved on from narrow minded bigoted attitudes to foreign investors in our country!!

With the advent of cheap travel, the mainstream Media and the Internet and a better informed and educated society we have now become "citizens of the world" no longer small minded hicks!! (Well a lot of us have!)

Once upon a time we resented a rich guy from say Melbourne coming to say Townsville and buying land we could not afford and putting heaps of units on that land. Then the cheeky buggar would buy more land and put more Units up. He made lots of money and many locals who had no money (or more important - the gumption)to do the same resented that!!

But others (Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Surveyors,Painters, Real Estate Agents, Lawyers and yes just the SH..Kickers all made money too... Without the money from Melbourne this would never have happened!!

Now on to "Foreign money" coming to Australia and the likes of people rubbishing these Investors.

Have you ever done any sums on where their money really ends up??

No not overseas.. well not most of it !!
    It goes to Capital expenditure on everything needed to build a Mine - Wages, Trucks, earthmoving equipment, Offices, IT Equipment, Transport, but most importantly TAXES! YES TAXES that remain in our country!!!
    Not the Company Taxes that a lot accuse the Companies of avoiding but the massive PAYEE Tax paid by every employee (30 to 40% of their wage!) plus the unavoidable GST! Add to this Fuel and Power expenditure plus the massive compliance Fees Environmental Impact studies, more GST, and Staff Recruiting expenditure!!

Any overseas investor would be very lucky to get more than a 10-15% return on their investment. AFTER MANY Years! Very fortunately for us these investors are usually LONG TERM THINKERS not like us average Aussie!

The rest of their investment goes to US!

After 4 decades of running my own businesses I know I have made far more money for the Government and my employees through Company Tax, Wages, Payee Tax and GST (and before that Sales Tax) than I have for myself!!

And guess what? The Government of this country (my birth place) will make far more money out of every overseas company that chooses to invest here than they themselves will make once all these taxes AND EXPENDITURES are taken up!!.

That also includes the Cilve Palmer's of this country who will be responsible for far more Government Revenue than he will ever make for himself!!.

JUST THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT THE ABOVE BEFORE YOU RUBBISH FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN OUR COUNTRY and CTP!!!

The Clive Palmer doubters should also rethink their attitudes!!

WE need these wealthy risk takers if for no other reason the health and security of our children

Here endeth the lesson!! LOL!

Don

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.