OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

There has been a lot of discussion on the OZL threads about OZL...

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    There has been a lot of discussion on the OZL threads about OZL doing at/o of RXM. The general mood seems to be that it is the right thing to do, (for growth and current 2018 hole in production), the issue is the when.

I have been tracking RXM shares and on Friday they fell below 70c for the first time. 70c seems to have been a strong support line. RXM holders are as depressed as OZL holders (read the threads to get an idea what I mean).

As some posters have pointed out, REX is due to release it's PFS (Pre-Feasibility Study) this year. Please note - this is NOT a BFS (Bankable Feasibility Study) - the BFS will be released in 2013.

(Page 18 of the latest presentation has this timing. Here is the link http://www.rexminerals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/20120731-Resource_Investor-Presentation_July-2012.pdf )

Personally, I think buying RXM before the PFS comes out would be a t/o with high risk. RXM's sp (like OZL's) is in a downward trajectory. Waiting for some certainty from the PFS would mean that the t/o is significantly derisked.

RXM's ability to get funding to bring Hillside to production is close to zero. They would need to do a cap raising that was 3 times their market cap, and then borrow the balance, and, if anyone has been following HGO, find that there is a cost blowout and then need to do another cap raising. I would suspect that RXM is waiting quietly for OZL to come knocking.

The only issue with waiting is that another miner might jump in. But who? Hillside is a Tier 2 mine, the big boys are not interested. In Aust, IMO, OZL is the only contender in town.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.