Attorney General William Barr 'now focused on something much bigger': Sean Hannity

1. 16,642 Posts.

Attorney General William Barr has a large operation underway to take down "deep state bureaucrats."

That's what Fox News host Sean Hannity told his audience Friday night, capping a tumultuous week for the Justice Department that involved upheaval in the Roger Stone case, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe escaping criminal charges, news of an outside prosecutor being picked to review the case against retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

"We are now beginning to see something very large unfold," Hannity said on his show Friday. "Roger Stone's attorneys have filed a motion for a new trial. That is a major development. That should be granted. And, by the way, it should be the beginning of Stone's ultimate vindication. We have more good news. McCabe's dismissal is frankly — when you really look at it, it's a declination to prosecute on one specific issue. Here is my read between that and the Gen. Flynn news today because we know that Barr just installed an outside counsel to look into the Gen. Flynn case."

"I'm reading the tea leaves here and my sources confirming, the same sources that I've been using for you and getting the story right for three years, that the Attorney General Bill Barr is now focused on something much bigger, much deeper, that will have far ranging ramifications, serious ramifications for that 1% that abused power. That 1% involved in the corruption, those deep state bureaucrats who abused their power, because, as we speak, the Durham-Barr criminal probe is underway," Hannity continued, referring to U.S. Attorney John Durham's inquiry into the origins of the Russia investigation.

"I've been told by my sources that, in fact, it has gone deep. It has gone wide. It has gone far. And the evidence they are accumulating is overwhelming and incontrovertible. That's what my sources are telling me tonight," Hannity said.

Hannity did not reveal the identity of his sources, but his words have sway as millions of people tune into his program every weeknight. He is also well-known to have the President Trump's ear and has interviewed the president on a number of occasions,

The host appeared to be referring to the network of prosecutors Barr has set up to review high-profile investigations and allegations involving Russia and Ukraine. This includes Durham; Jeffrey Jensen, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri assigned to the Flynn case; and U.S. Attorney Scott Brady from Pittsburgh, who is reviewing records and documents related to Ukraine, including those from Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

After impeachment ended in acquittal earlier this month, Democrats have refocused their attack on Barr, demanding investigations into his conduct. Prosecutors from around the country told the media that the Stone situation has increased their anxiety about working on any cases that might attract interest from Trump for fear that Barr would not back them up, and more than 2,000 former Justice Department officials have called on Barr to resign. Even Trump himself appeared to break with his attorney general when he tweeted about Barr and the Justice Department after Barr complained that such public commentary makes “it impossible for me to do my job."

Still, Hannity dismissed there being a serious rift between Trump and Barr and predicted the attorney general will deliver a "devastating blow to the deep state" of perceived Trump foes accused of trying to undermine the president.

Touting an expanding Durham criminal investigation, which includes scrutiny of former CIA Director John Brennan, and the ramifications of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's scathing report on FISA abuses, Hannity boasted: "A huge day of reckoning to me seem to be on the horizon. I may be wrong. I don't think so."

"To date, my sources have been right the entire time," Hannity said. "So, tonight, I can report this: I am cautiously optimistic that real justice will be done. And it seems like the decks are being cleared."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sean-hannity-attorney-general-william-barr-now-focused-on-something-much-bigger

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.