Auction Clearance Rates Falling, page-2

1. 7,409 Posts.
    BBM, Congratulations, you are the first person I know who supports the ridiculous stamp duty rates in Victoria, which for an average-priced house , is 33% more than NSW counterparts.

Also I heard on an interview on radio, the liberal leader, state that the reduction in stamp duty would be on a sliding scale helping most the lower end of the market. I have to tell you I had to sell my house out of necessity, and I did not enjoy paying the exobornent stamp duty amount to the government, which in reality would have been about half as much if I had of sold 3 years ago.

In my opinion its ONLY the stamp duty and the property bubble that has saved Victorian labor from a disastrous set of financial results. Labor will get in again, in my opinion, but in 3-4 years time I predict the Victorian economy will once again be in a dire state. In the meantime let's just hope they can somehow get the Scoresby freeway started, its only 2 years behind schedule now and they havent even started it yet.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.