auction tips?, page-20

1. 1,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    I missed registration for Auction because gf was still getting ready. Will remember that for next time. Arrived just in time for start of bidding. Auctioneer was very fired up and kept making deep bellowing noise at the beginning of every sentence - he must have taken something strong beforehand because I have never seen someone so excited.

Property was a 1970 3 bed on a 700 m block with unimproved land value was $350k. It had the lowest energy efficiency rating I had seen of 0.5 (out of 7)! Auctioneer was talking up that the highest bid would enable you to enter into exclusive negotiations which encouraged someone to put in a low ball bid of $390k. After going in and out of the house a couple of times to 'seek direction' from the owner the bidding started between three different parties and house finally sold for $440k - which seemed fair value if not a bit below value for the area.

There was about 10 different parties observing - all driving cars - which means neighbours were not interested - I wonder why?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.