im not overconvinced Aussie businesses that trade overseas are...

1. 373 Posts.
    im not overconvinced Aussie businesses that trade overseas are really disadvantaged when the AUD is high or even at parity..

Reason: I own a manufacturing and export business here in OZ...we run quite a few multi currency accounts accepting payments but importantly buying raw materials from overseas also in USD not AUD....

We do not draw on around 60% of our multi currency accounts unless the currency markest are favourable...

And they are right now actually to convert to AUD as most of our current contracts were signed off on when the AUD was 75 plus cents, same goes for the miners and others here...they negotiate a set contracted price..

This is why the Chinese are currently carrying on about the ore price and are playing market games.

The AUD typically does not ahve a long life span during any spikes so it is in our interest to watch the currency for any market dips then cash out accordingly back into AUD funds..

If anything it works well in our favour on all occasions we make trades.

Now larger exporters way bigger than us would surely have a sophisticated system in place to play the markets as well...

Our turnover of 6 mill or so is very low in comparison to the big end of town...

Even mining exporters should have no huge issues with currencies...they export sure and payment is in USD but they also import very high in machinery, expertise.....

Anyway raved on enough, just my personal opinion on currencies and exporting related issues i deal with daily.

Good luck

Dumper.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.