YOW 0.00% 2.7¢ yowie group ltd

AUD vs USD, page-2

1. 9,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 794
    We report in AUD but It is all theoretical and accounting currency adjustment "unrealised currency gain/ loss" as we are not actually making money and bringing it back to Australia yet. I would have to check accounts but I hope over half of our cash is currently in USD as that is where I think most of our our expenses would be but I am not aware they have hedged if it isn't which could be a negative. All income will be in USD and invested back in the business and expended in USD until we actually throw off enough cash.

All manufacturing, marketing etc are all in USD and most wages I would think. Only AUD expenses would be accounting,rent asx and aussie paid staff along with ATO? We are basically a USA company that happens to be listed and accounted for in AUD but doesn't realise the actual gain / loss here until we throw off enough cash to pay dividends etc.

Depends which currency our cash is actually in but for every 1% move in usd v's aud on $1mill is ten grand.

If our cash is unhedged and in AUD we just lost a lot of cash if we have to convert and pay it out in the USA if we don't have the cash flow required over there in the near future.

Just a different way of looking at it. All depends on when we really do repatriate cash or reverse and adjustments are realised on accounts .
    Last edited by Teddyward: 03/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.193M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $4.412K 169.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 107293 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 196545 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.