CAD 0.00% 1.3755 canadian dollar

Writing a new grey box algo to trade stats so I thought I'd...

1. 1,487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    Writing a new grey box algo to trade stats so I thought I'd share some data (based on AUDCAD waves from 1979 to 2017).

The 3 graphics below show wave lengths and the 90th percentile boundaries.
    As markets become more efficient you would expect the mean reversionary edge to be eroded.
    Interestingly, volatility is increasing.
    CH_A.JPG CH_B.JPG CH_G.JPG

Tabling all percentiles from the 10th to 90th, below are the probabilistic price moves and retraces.
    CH_Wave Exp.JPG
    As you would expect, impulses (large moves and large retraces) occur less often then minor moves.

Zooming in on the higher probabilities (70th, 80th & 90th percentiles), expected alpha moves are in the 6-10% range and beta in the 3-4% range.
    CH_Wave Exp High Prob.JPG
    This data should prove valuable for trading plan development.

i.e.
    Entry decisions (First Graphic):
    if a longside alpha wave has run 35% there's a 90% chance of the wave ending
    if a longside alpha wave has run 19% there's a 70% chance of the wave ending
    Price Targeting (Second Graphic):
    if your riding an alpha wave, there's a 90% chance of the wave moving 8% shortside or 6% longside & theres are 90% chance of a 48% retrace on the prior down wave longside and a 90% chance of a 49% retrace shortside.
    Stops or Protection Hedges
    If your riding Alpha it makes sense to keep stops out of high probability beta noise zones. Likewise if your riding beta, it makes sense to keep clear of gamma noise zones.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAD (FOREX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.