AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Absolutely. If Apple incorporated AP chips into its iPhone then...

1. 2,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2636
    Absolutely.
    If Apple incorporated AP chips into its iPhone then that phone would likely be able to deliver sound (music) comparable to that currently only available from a sound bar etc - at no extra battery cost.
    It would also not need the DAC that presumably is currently required to drive the analog speakers it currently uses. That presumably means more available internal space for the speakers, batteries, and other componentry. Ditto for iPads and MacBooks.
    I believe this would also be true if it made new wired or wireless headphones using AP chips, but not if the headphones still used analog speakers, or if compatibility with such speakers was required.
    On both fronts I believe that would represent a serious technological and commercial advantage.
    I imagine the earliest this could happen would be in the iPhone 8, not the upcoming iPhone 7 (unless they have all been very hard at work behind the scenes, for which there is no evidence).
    AKP has said that the current AP chip design would be too loud for use in headphones however, so a new smaller version specifically for headphones / hearing aids etc would be required.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.