GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Thanks for the link Adwebster.I admit though that I am...

1. gdb
    345 Posts.
    Thanks for the link Adwebster.

I admit though that I am completely confused by all this gold price manipulation. The US dollar was decoupled from gold by Nixon in the 1970's wasn't it. If so, HOW ON MY GIDDY AUNT CAN THE PRICE OF GOLD BE MANIPULATED TO SUPPORT THE DOLLAR? Gold is either tied to the dollar or it isn't.

The more I read this thread the more I get confused. Ctindale claims that the Fed isn't really printing that much money but Jim Rogers and Peter Schiff claim they are (Ok, so for the time being I believe the latter until I find hard evidence to the contrary).

I also don't understand the fixation and obsession with the price of gold either on a month by month basis let alone a minute by minute basis as happens on this forum. In one breath many claim the US dollar is dead yet in the very next breath there's a mile long thread on gold testing US680.00. If the dollar is doomed then what the hell does it matter what the price of gold is in US dollars. If you took fiat currency away altogether what do gold bugs do then? What minute by minute narrative occurs then?

If the price of gold bullion skyrockets to $10,000.00 per oz, so what. I am not the slighest bit richer because I still have the same physical amount of gold in my hand. Likewise if it plummets to 1 cent an oz I am no less poor because I still have the same physical amount of gold in my hand. The only form that you could be considered richer or poorer is in terms of the fiat currency the gold converts to yet this thread is largely based on the inadequacy of fiat currency and the fact what 1 dollar of paper can buy today has no bearing on what it can buy in the future.

&@!# me I am confused by this *&%^

The more I read the more I realise no one really has the faintest idea what they are talking about.

We humans, what a bunch of scallywaqs we are, you gotta love us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.