NST 1.45% $14.73 northern star resources ltd

Usually I am a buy and hold guy. But over the past few years...

1. 643 Posts.
    Usually I am a buy and hold guy. But over the past few years that strategy has been a killer for metal/resource stocks as I can well attest. There has been regular strong volatility in those stocks and I would have been better cashing early profits in knowledge of the guaranteed beat downs/ sell offs for no apparent reason to do with the fundamentals of the shares or metals.

Over confidence or faith in a stock's strong fundamentals in the environment of the past few years hasn't been helpful, and had little to do with how shares have moved around.

NST is a great stock with top notch fundamentals and has coped well with the lower gold prices....yet its stock has been at or below $1 many times. Being a great stock will not stop it being heavily sold down if there is a dump of stocks on NYSE no matter gold price.

The problem with charts in recent years is that markets have been artificial for a lot of the time. US markets simply pumped by central banks, or currency fears, and nothing to do with fundamentals of US economy or stocks. If anything chart analysis has been a tool used by the manipulators to game stocks.

NST is a great stock to trade since if you get 'caught' with it it isn't a big deal since in the longer term it will be a great performer with nice dividends.

I will not be surprised to see it surge heavily due other markets activity, or take a steep dive likewise. US stocks are ridiculously over valued, USD way too strong.... a sharp quick reversal in those will hit the ASX as well, regardless of stock quality. This is what I am waiting for....and nothing lost if it doesn't eventuate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.73
Change
0.210(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $16.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.56 $14.80 $14.54 $63.61M 4.321M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 25972 $14.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.79 3840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.