OBM 9.86% 39.0¢ ora banda mining ltd

Thanks for the endorsement. Boards do not like their bias toward...

1. zog
    2,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 893
    Thanks for the endorsement. Boards do not like their bias toward retail shareholders to be broadcast - it highlights attitudes in the West Perth gold mining industry which cause angst to retail investors. A way to get this called out is to make the position known at the GM and hopefully get a significant vote against the resolutions put by the board (in this case approval of HP tranche 2 and renewal of their rule 7.1 15% placement allowance). I will be taking advice but it may well be that Hawke Point are not permitted voting for their tranche 2 motion due to a conflict of interests (announcement of 20/8). Also the Corporations Act (s.191) does not allow a director who has a material interest to vote on a matter (announcement of 3/8 shows all the directors have a material interest). This may well limit the scope of the directors to vote at the GM on these issues. If they are called out the board may well be more respectful of retail shareholders next time. I would not feel so badly about it had they not capped the RI and allow all bids to proceed and not scaled down. The other way is to make the situation known to ASIC as boards have responsibilities to all shareholders; capital raisings are currently a hot topic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OBM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.