AMI 2.27% 21.5¢ aurelia metals limited

Aurelia Metals strikes gold with $200m M&A deal, raising, page-74

1. 628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    I am an international investor who owns AMI ,principle reason for investing is its one of the few gold producers in Australia of this size which is unhedged .
    Comments .
    . 1) whoever designed the press release should be fired ,in parts the print is so small that it is virtually impossible to read ,when one attempts to enlarge you get logged out .
    . 2)It seems unlikely as an investor living in the US that we will get to participate in the capital raising .
    . 3)The Aisc includes the royalties which in my opinion are horrendously high .
    . 4) To claim that that will be synergies between the mines is a stretch ,they are a long way apart ?about 1000km .Hardly next door .
    . 5) Critical to the success of this venture will be the future price of gold ,this production is unhedged ,if the POG goes up a lot, this will be viewed as a very astute move .Most people who invest in these type companies are gold bugs and all expect the POG to rise long term .In view of the recent rise in the Aussie dollar against the US dollar they will need to hedge against this to protect future profits .
    . 6)Presumably this mine will start cash flowing within a few months .
    . 7) The main risk is with the permitting authorities in New South Wales and how easy or difficult it will be to modify mine operations and whether there will be local opposition to any changes in the mine plan.
    . 8) The big upside is whether they can find a high grade zone ,I do see one or two good intercepts of 1-2 ounces per ton .If these areas can be expanded and easily accessed it will make the mine very profitable.
    There have not been many takeovers of existing mines in this gold cycle .This deal is in the Vanguard in this respect .The comments on ***** about this deal reflect that fact .
    So its hard to know at this point in time whether its a good deal or not .All will become apparent in 6-12 months .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $376.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.5¢ $1.264M 5.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 941952 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 233473 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.44am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.