aus $ could be on the rise, page-4

1. 17,131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Miike I now interest rate determination is very arbitrary despite what one says.

I could say what do the current reserve bank base their current rate on but, apart from making a little point, I won't resort to simple tit for tat arguments.

Miike the simple reason is rates should be higher. I do not wish this because I have loans personally, but given house prices and the debt situation, domestic and global, rates should be a lot higher to reduce excessive credit as well. The fact is IMO, and I might be wrong, but it appears to me interest rates have been far too low for at least a decade and longer due to political interference.

Miike if interest rates went to say 15%. People would pay off there mortgages straight away if they could.

People with money would put it back in deposits, bingo no more capital raisings for banks. Of course some people will lose their homes as can't pay mortgage. Tough love I now but they deserved it because they were tooo stupid and paid tooo much respect to realtors silly them. Live and learn.

Some banks may go under/bankrupt. Deposits should be govt guaranteed and banksters who stuff up go to jail for life as in 80+ years, in other words really life. People bank created by govt and regulated a lot stricter with governing board . Banksters in jail work for the people bank for the rest of our life.

Our economy contracts. This is good- excess population and true unemployed and underemployed reveal themselves and leave the country to go to greener developing nation pastures. This is also good as no ETS as burden on environment reduced

Australia gets back to being a more effective harmious happier less complicated society and a lot stronger with a stronger currency.

Will govts have the courage to enforce this?? Ha Ha, probably not but in few years time they may not have a choice

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.