Aus Covid Tracker, page-190

1. 24,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

"....You don't test for the flu..."

Considering among the tests I had on Thursday evening included a Flu test, and my post earlier included "In the year to date, of the 224,565 notifications of laboratory-confirmed influenza", it sort of makes your comment not quite inline with the real world.

Turns out I don't have the Flu, and I didn't have Covid, not sure if that is still the case as my wife has RAT tested positive to Covid today.

So until her PCR test comes back to confirm one way or the other, I'm isolating to avoid the potential risk of spreading it to others. Not an unreasonable precaution to take, even if I don't feel like I have Covid.

Post #: 65691470
    Influenza Statistics

Report summary for the fortnight 12th – 25th September 2022

A decrease in influenza-like-illness [ILI) activity in the community has been noted since July 2022.

In the year to date, of the 224,565 notifications of laboratory-confirmed influenza, 305 influenza-associated deaths have been notified to the NNDSS.

National notification data [NNDSS):

Influenza activity continued to decrease in most jurisdictions throughout September.

Of the 224,565notifications of influenza reported to the NNDSS in the year to date, there have been:

• ACT: 1,974
    • NSW: 113,377
    • NT: 4,758
    • QLD: 42,441
    • SA: 11,377
    • TAS: 2,809
    • VIC: 35,026
    • WA: 12,803

Influenza notification rate has been highest in the Northern Territory [1,932 per 100,000 population) and New South Wales [1,385 per 100,000 population).

More:-
    https://www.immunisationcoalition.org.au/news-data/influenza-statistics/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.