LYC 3.43% $6.34 lynas rare earths limited

aus greenies petition aussie gvt to stop lynas

1. SRV
    3,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/goldfields/a/-/news/15308660/online-petition-calls-for-green-ban/

Green groups continued to pressure the State and Federal Governments over Lynas Corporation's bid to export rare earth ore to Malaysia, with a crucial court decision expected to be handed down in the country in two days.

Lynas owns the Mt Weld mine near Laverton, which has been described as one of the world’s richest deposits of rare earth minerals.

The ore from this mine was to be processed in Malaysia from last month, but this has been delayed by court action.

Yesterday, a petition, completed online by 12,713 people and obtained by the Kalgoorlie Miner, was handed to Mines Minister Norman Moore’s Perth office by the Anti-Nuclear Alliance of WA.

The petition states: “We the undersigned call on the Western Australian and Federal Government politicians to impose a green ban on the transportation and shipping of rare earth concentrate from the port of Fremantle to Kuantan, Malaysia.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.