LYC 0.86% $5.88 lynas rare earths limited

HiDisclaimer: this post may not be of direct relevance to the...

1. 18,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    Hi

Disclaimer: this post may not be of direct relevance to the LYC thread, but could help put a lid on the alarm bells.

I used to work in the W.A. Parliament and am aware of members' need to 'take up causes' in order to differentiate themselves - many are genuine, some are not - I don't see him carrying much weight with Colin Barnett and the majority Libs. There was another observation I made whilst there: the 'Upper House', i.e. council, seem to spend most of their time discussing issues where the horse had bolted a long time ago (they are a House of Review) - and the results of their deliberations seemed to have little effect - this is not meant disrespectfully, just a humble observation.

Anyway the Hon. Chapple looks like a refugee from the anti-nuclear debate going on in England

He left England in 1974 and probably missed out on the 'conversion' of Dr James Lovelock - the originator of the Gaia theory and former Green supporter who publicly changed his stance from anti-nuclear to pro, as he realised it is the only energy solution which will 'save the planet' (interestingly he doesn't like windfarms either, claims the electricity produced is 2 1/2 times more expensive than the normal stuff).

Robin Chapple MLC's CV

PERSONAL

Birth
    Born 11 February 1947 in Wheathampstead, Heartfordshire, England.
    Arrived in Western Australia 8 November 1974.

Occupation before entering Parliament
    Co-ordinator Anti-Nuclear Alliance of Western Australia.

ELECTORATE - SHORT DESCRIPTION
    Mining and Pastoral Region includes the Legislative Assembly electorates of Eyre, Kalgoorlie, Kimberley, North West and Pilbara

Comment: I don't expect his initiative or the protests in Malaysia (where there is an election looming) to impact Lynas' progress to producer very much, but would like to see some pro-active action/statement by Lynas management.

Cheers

Taurisk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.88
Change
0.050(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $5.477B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.86 $5.91 $5.84 $3.164M 539.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 10731 $5.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.88 13452 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.13am 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.