LYC 2.06% $5.95 lynas rare earths limited

aus pm stop lyc from exporting radioactive , page-14

1. 18,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    Oneforthe

I have been mulling this over for some time now - have friends who are -died-in-the-wool this and that and I have always found it difficult to get them out of their comfort zone (i.e. entrenched opinions) and - maybe - try to see their position in light of recent advances, new facts etc. - I find the 'fear' factor is a difficult one to deal with in an argument; it usually rouses emotions and brains stop working properly.

Robin Chapple, MLC got into Parliament when I retired, so no personal acquaintance, but I have this sneeking feeling I've met him somewhere; but looking at his history and parliamtentary speeches, he is representing any green cause you can think of here in W.A. - I am not fundamentally opposed to some Green causes, but am absolutely sure they've got this uranium-issue back-to-front; IMO we will need uranium and maybe thorium to become greener.

However, this is for another thread and I will have another think and maybe talk this over with some friends over the weekend and at the very least send off an informative letter. Generally I wouldn't worry too much what goes on in the Legislative Council - this is a pro-mining state with a powerful mining lobby and a sympathetic premier and a public who realise the benefit for the state and themselves from mining. I might also contact the Minister (Norman Moore?).

I had to laugh about your CRAYON suggestion, but personally I find that a polite and reasonable approach is more effective - these people are totally convinced they're saving the world and look on you as an enemy if you're seen to 'take the mickey'.

I should know this, but have a busy weekend ahead of me - so no time to read up on it: Can you please remind me what the radioactivity of the product is which we will be shipping to Malaysia and what Lynas have in mind to do with the end-product (thorium) - I believe the world will soon be in need of thorium for nuclear reactors. I will also send off an email to Lynas for more information - as I have an established channel with Mr Arnold (who replied to me very courteously to the letters I sent).

Taurisk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.95
Change
0.120(2.06%)
Mkt cap ! $5.561B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.86 $5.98 $5.84 $19.77M 3.332M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14268 $5.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.97 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.