SRN 0.00% 0.8¢ surefire resources nl

I know what your saying, but in my experience theres just too...

1. 7,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2723
    I know what your saying, but in my experience theres just too many people involved when good deals are made that there is a spike in volume before its announced to market. Think about if a deal was made, actually binding contract, how many people would know this information? You would have the Aussie side and the Saudi side, so all the management over here, and in Saudi, talking about 20+ people at the least, how many of them would tell their significant others, or close family, friends? And then how many of those told would let some close people know? I dont even look down on it, its normal, if you are aware of a deal thats going to be amazing, and your loved ones could make some money, why not let them know, price action is key here, and if ANYTHING at all was binding we would see an increase in volume, there is just too many people involved for no one to try to make money from it, think about it , even office staff like secretaries would know as documents are prepared and signed and sent, there are just too many people that would be aware that are incentivised and to think not one of them would want to profit off it is unrealistic imo. Go to nearly any company on the ASX and see their big announcement, you will notice on the days before its announced there was a spike in volume, curious if anyone can point to some that dont do this, price action really does show it all.

Speaking of, its been a while since I showed SRNs updated price history stats:

srnpricehist.png

So on the right hand side you can see the stats from the last 6 months of data vs the last 12 months, stats like average daily volume, daily value traded, high and low price and dates, the number of positive days, negative days, VWAP (price most of the volume trades at), date most volume occured, the % return over both periods, etc. Also there is some novel data in there like the average tick volume and value, which shows how much it takes to move the share price a tick so on average the amout it takes to get from 0.01-0.011

Highlighted cells in the volume column occur when volume is over the average. You can see recently we havent had anywhere near the average volume with only a handful of days the least month above the average, if there was anything at all happening behind the scenes you would see a spike in volume, show me a company that released some great news that didnt have a spike in volume before hand, i would be curious to analyse it, from my research, spikes in volume occure about 95% of the time before good/bad news.

Given that this week we only had $35k worth of shares traded or 4.2 million shares (which is under even the daily average of the last 6 months, let alone for a week of trading) I would say not much at all is happening behind the scenes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $40.94K 5.792M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 9834799 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 5666926 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.