ASX 0.58% $65.60 asx limited

aussie housing unaffordable, page-31

1. 3,816 Posts.
    Hey, let's just put common sense and all economic theory aside and marvel at how great it is and how much better off everyone is because the price of an essential commodity (housing) is rocketing. Obviously I have been totally mistaken in thinking that the affluence of a society came from commodities being affordable to most citizens.

But I have the perfect remedy that will make all Aussies rich. Simply open Australia's borders to all comers but introduce different classes of citizenship. All existing Aussies can be in the top class. This would entitle exceptional rights and services. All others can be a slave class, perhaps with a few privelages to improve things a bit, like the right to sell their organs. Only redundant organs of course, just to prove how humanitarian Australia is. And to appease the economic rationalists, citizenship would become a tradeable commodity. This would also give the media and endless supply of scandals, with the basic plot of a political apparatchik being given a swag of citizenship rights. And the shock jocks would just love to interview the latest Aussie loser who had sold his citizenship in tough times, and was now renting a few square metres of mud in a swamp, working for a few dollars a day, and now facing the prospect of having to sell a kidney to pay the water bill.

Yeah, and some b******* think that the world owes them!

Billy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.60
Change
0.380(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $12.67B
Open High Low Value Volume
$65.20 $65.69 $64.62 $12.04M 184.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 128 $65.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.61 93 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.21pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.