aussie jailed in thai for stealing beer mat, page-17

1. 3,795 Posts.
    It is a conservative culture . They make massive allowances for the fact that Phuket is an International holiday destination , and pretty much anything goes ...But , you must understand you are not in Queensland .

It is quite normal for a Thai woman not to drink at all .

The visitor sees the bar girls , thai massage ..and all the rest as hypocritical , Its extremely important for the woman to not be loud , and she should never challenge the authority of the police .

They would have cut this woman a great deal of slack , I suggest to her , that she gets her drinking under control and that she learns a little respect . This kind of behavior is not acceptable in many parts of the world .

She is a mother , best she starts to act like one .

My 20 year old daughter will tour Thailand in August , however she knows what to do , and is well aware of what is required and expected , she has spent time there before but always with me .

Some people , like this individual should keep their attitude at home , and not leave our shores . Dont take what you consider " Australian values " to other countries .

Nothing worse than intoxicated tourists in a foreign land ..thinking they own the place .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.