""Most the advice offered by bears here either conveys a lack of...

1. 1,314 Posts.
    ""Most the advice offered by bears here either conveys a lack of understanding of property and goes against the tide. In fact some of it is quite downright dangerous.""

Make sure you let the Reserve Bank know too mate, its far more than a few armchair experts here giving bearish advice, they've been trying to warn people not to expect property to pay like it has in recent years either. Extraordinary that they felt the need to say that don't you think??

The only thing dangerous is property investors leveraged to the max into an asset class that is well above its historic averages and growth trends, and in an economy struggling to transition away from unprecedented boom times. If you took out a margin loan of 90% for a $1 million blue chip portfolio you would be nuts, yet, this is considered a "cant lose" strategy by property spruikers. Pfftt.

It has nothing to do with philosophical views, I have been a bull for decades, made my money, and got out, happy to admit I was wrong the party would never end.

Our economy is in real strife, a crisis lurks where cash is again king, and you are locked into an asset with bugger all liquidity and call that "initiative".

As for the eternal lessons of history - booms always end in busts. We've had the boom ....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.