aussie rules is dead

1. 163 Posts.

Aussie Rules is all but dead in the water...

Anyone who witnessed the Bris/Essendon game last night must agree. "Absolute paddock football at it's best"

It reminded me of the (Pass the Parcel game when we were kids). Absolute crap and "what about the turnovers".

It reminded me of watching under age kids running around with an abundance of enthusiasm and limited skill.

But why has the skill deteriorated?
    Could it be you have roughly 8 coaches in the team trying to reinvent the wheel every time they step out.The emphasis on stop the opposition at all costs.
    And fringe players with all the ABILITY in the world no longer even get considered for selection, it's a joke and they were the players that we all loved to see.

The players in the past that could display silky skills, example "Darryn Jarman" would have trouble in this day and age of even getting a clean posession.

If this rubbish football keeps continuing they will lose fans by the truckloads.

In my opinion the top sides are miles ahead of the rest because they belt the also rans every time they put there heads over the ball,and they can only take so much!

Any opinions?
    Maybe get rid of the wings like they did in the VFA at least the players might get room to breath.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.