Who is going to blink first in this Mexican stance? That...

1. 41,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1011
    Who is going to blink first in this Mexican stance?

That 'warning' by the Chinese ambassador mid-year was taken at the time to be a wolf warrior diplomacy as Scomo stepped up his diplomatic attack. I think the last straw was to unilaterally press UN to kickstart the investigations on political grounds. Since then we had the ramp-up of ant-meddling laws, 1st usage of this law, Abetz questioning inference and blocking of the current Bega's windfall of Mengniu.

Anti-dumping by Oz Govt has a consistent history and frequency so both sides are now playing the game.

There are tens of coal ships most likely will need to find a new home so it is a windfall to the steel mills of those fortunate enough to buy fire-sale prices, ie. Japan & India.

When the Beef and barley were laid bare as more than a threat, I had a good feeling it would get worse and decoupling had started. Currently, both sides are digging in so there isn't much wriggle room unless either side backflip, politically suicidal. The big ones are tourism and education which are currently brewing and masked by the Covid bans. I would be watching at the urgency of the West Africa IO developments as what to expect in the future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.