KAR 1.32% $1.87 karoon energy ltd

"buyout talbot stake"???oh dear rusty182, not that old chestnut...

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "buyout talbot stake"???

oh dear rusty182, not that old chestnut again???

dead set serious guys, if I had a dollar for every time I heard some bell-end (broker, journalist or otherwise) harping on about the Talbot stake being for sale, I wouldn't need KAR to go back to $12.00 a share because I'd already be stinking rich!!!

I'm sure Mr Talbot took many secrets to his untimely grave, but my vague understanding is that his enthusiasm for KAR's future was not one of those secrets.

What surprises me is for all the shadows in the dark, men on the grassy knoll, conspiracy type nutters that haunt HotCopper, I have not yet seen any of them question certain events that have thus far been taken as gospel. Is it just me, or are the loony conspiracy nuts not as committed to spreading fanciful, exotic stories as they used to be?

seriously dudes, if you are going to dress up in sheets, rattle chains, and make silly hooty noises about the Talbot stake, at least wear a sheet that covers your ugg-boots, get a decent size chain that makes a hefty rattle and use a deep manly voice so you can make some serious hooty noises about the Talbot stake!

now I'm not trying to re-open JFK's assassination case here, but a single gunshot does echo a bit if fired in certain ares, so it is logical that some halfwits may have heard what appeared to be multiple shots... but in the case of the mysterious Talbot stake, there is no echo in a vacuum - granted the story has better legs than Julia Gillard, but... OMG I just vomited in my mouth thinking about her legs... the story is deader than JFK himself.

on another matter, I wonder if Ronnie Biggs is going to return to Rio de Janerio for the 2014 World Cup?? Or will he go back earlier to moan & groan about KAR's lack of a farm-in, delays in their drilling program, or something equally as constructive?? I bet Ronnie knows the best bars in Rio to hide out and spend his millions!

now that I have finished fully vented my cryptic spleen (it's generally what I don't say that counts), let me just finish by saying hydrocarbons are still in demand (the world still chews through a billion barrels of oil every fortnight) and last time I checked there weren't any new piles of dead dinosaurs lining up to decompose in reservoirs that have been emptied in the last 100 odd years!

right, now I'm off to watch slow motion replays of the women's Olympic beach volleyball competition... I just hope the Baroness de Marwoode doesn't catch me doing it... again...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.87
Change
-0.025(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $1.498B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.86 $1.87 $1.84 $8.261M 4.448M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5493 $1.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.87 48154 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.