Hello moondong, it's apparent that we're at odds with respect to...

1. 46,689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hello moondong, it's apparent that we're at odds with respect to Australia's HRC Commissioner, Gillian Triggs and the validity of data as it applies to how fair a place Australia is today.

You stated that you think Gillian Triggs is an oxygen thief whereas I see her job as that of a government conscience and whistle blower - the AHRC is NOT supposed to behave like Comical Ali or Donald Trump mouthpieces, they're supposed to investigate and report without fear or favour on what government is doing in relation to human rights!

Just as George Pell now finds himself in court facing allegations for failing to protect vulnerable kids in his roles in the Catholic Church, Triggs may well have found herself in court had she covered up what was happening in Australian detention centres etc.

Currently I'm on holidays on the NSW North Coast and data aside, the gap between 'haves' and 'have nots' here is very confronting.

Yesterday I almost cried as a young Aboriginal father gently advised his kids they couldn't buy a $2 lolly from a supermarket because it was too expensive; all were barefoot and as thin as rakes. Then I wandered around the waterfront and wondered about the hundreds of completely idle but very expensive yachts and power boats in the marina.

Denial of data and reality is just that but it will not make Australia a better place.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.