"It wont stop with 1500 troops and a Naval base in the N.T. it...

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    "It wont stop with 1500 troops and a Naval base in the N.T. it will spread just like the other countries the US goes into.
    This is going to destroy trade with our biggest trading partner."

Already happening, mate. China has already cut back on imports of barley and coal from Australia as punishment for blocking Huwei at the bequest of the US. Funny how the UK allowed Huwei in. The US was not happy about that.
    Now, the US wants in JOINTLY to access our rare earths, currently supplied to them by China. That will REALLY cheese them off, and I bet we get the short end of the stick in any deal with the US there.

Re the new US naval base and troops........ as of a few months back, Australia and ALL US allies must pay 150% of all US military costs on our soil, and I think the current US troop numbers are really 2000+. . Trump says the 50% component is for the PRIVILEGE of having US troops here......HA! So obviously, WE will pay for the naval base? Can we really afford that? Seriously. And the airfields they use.

If China really spits the dummy and dumps us entirely, we will have soup kitchens from West to East.

I dont really like what i'm seeing.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.