Australia considering to spend $30 billion on US bombers that can reach mainland China, page-54

1. 4,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    What I mean by inferiority complex is not on a personal level, it is on a collective level. The root cause is due to Australia's founding as a colony in the furtherest part of the world to be used as a forgotten outpost for criminals from UK, hence Australians always feels the need for a Big Brother so we are not irrelevant in the world.
    I'll be heading to Thailand soon and Thai people are immensely proud of their national identity, because they build their country's wealth without occupation or stealing other people's resources. Thailand was not colonised and they never colonised anybody else. Australians can not have the same level of pride while aboriginals are performing welcome to country ceremonies at AFL games and others complaining Australia Day is Invasion Day.
    Travel to Malaysia and generally speaking people have no fear of the rise of China, they lived with China for thousands of years as a giant on its doorstep and they know how to handle it. When I come back to downunder, I immediately sense a collectiveness of fear of a "threat from the north" that will invade Australia, aka now its not Indonesia but China, which is going on a world conquest as the other poster suggests.
    The fact is China doesn't give a toss about Australia as long as it stays neutral like Switzerland and does not use the alliance with the US to contain China, which US is actively is doing. That is not the path we are heading, the Australian government is spending hundreds of billions of dollars purchasing offensive weaponry to support US in the event of war over China, it is no longer an Australian "Defence" Force. In my opinion that money is better spent on healthcare and education.
    Last edited by johngalt815: 13/12/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.