BPG 0.00% 0.9¢ byte power group limited

Hey Neil, Welcome back! Repeat what @MCSpec said, it's nice to...

1. 767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 926
    Hey Neil,
    Welcome back!

Repeat what @MCSpec said, it's nice to read your level headed comments and valued input again.

I've quoted that paragraph and @benporta made similar comments, Very interesting spin! It's something that gets speculated about on many of the other stocks I've invested in, but that's the first time mentioned here (I.e. partner, cornerstone investor or takeover). I totally agree it would be a good, if not necessary move to get BPG going again.

From what I can tell, however, I don't believe management will consider this, due to greed. Now that the exchange is up and running and they got this far alone, why would they want to share a slice of the pie? The BoD hold 25% of the registry, 18% odd held by Phua alone. It's in his selfish interest not to dilute the registry further, nor sell his personal stake at a discount etc. So I'm not convinced BPG will go down the partnership path, albeit a wise move IMO.

A Take Over could be an interesting proposal and possibly something that would be more appealing to Phua / the BoD, that said, BPG is Phua's lifelong business that he's built over what 15, 20 odd years I believe. With the cryptocurrency exchange now live, I just can't see him or the others handing offer the keys to someone else right now, not unless there was a very handsome offer on the table. Everyone has their price, right?!

Nice thought, and I'd be stoked if these scenarios did eventuate, but I can't see it happening myself. Just my thoughts.

Cheers
    MSN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.